Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winds of Change

One of my dearest friends and I were having the conversation last week about change.

Why are we so afraid of change?

We are creatures of habit.

We hate it when our routine changes; someone takes our spin bike; someone takes your spot where you always put your mat in yoga class and now you are forced to be in the front or the back; a family member suggested doing something different for a holiday than has been done for years past; a move; a new job; a new boss; etc.

I have a love/hate relationship with change. I crave change and fear it at the same time. I enjoy leaping but am afraid of where the leap of faith will take me.

Change makes us stronger. It makes us more well-rounded. It makes us fall in love with "normal" all over again. We find new things we love.

And in the end we end up falling in love with the new norm.

Now leap...(you know it looks like fun!)




Love and Light,
Stephanie

1 comment: