Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fitness Resolutions are Ageless

I speak to my Granny about every other week. She is amazing. She is up to date on college football (mainly Clemson), watches DWTS, and knows the most random gossip.

Tonight she asks me what I do these days to work out and what classes I am teaching because she wants to get into shape. I couldn't help but giggle to think of her in Barre tucking and lifting or running a half marathon. But it made me smile ear to ear that at her age she is thinking about getting back into shape.

She wants to start walking (mind you she uses a walker). It is freezing right now in the mountains of NC so she decided she should walk the halls of the nursing home; although she said that the halls are quite boring and the other gals who do that walk are very slow. More power to Granny if she starts power walking down the hall and passing her slow girlfriends.

If Granny can find a way to get back into shape this late in life...there is no excuse why you can't start now!

Ahhh how she makes me smile!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment