Thursday, January 19, 2012

Email Diet

Email is overused. Email is to those of us in the busy world what a lazy boy is to a couch potato and what candy is to a kid...a deathly combination of laziness and addiction.

What happened to the phone? And for that matter what happened to face to face meetings?

It's not even in the work world but transfer into our personal lives. When did we become so busy the only time I find to talk to anyone is on my commute from studio to office, office to home, home to studio.


In an effort of my housewife campaign I am dedicated to being wife of the year and first stop...trying to disconnect from work when I am not at work (I am bit addicted).

Steps to Email Weight Less and Liberation...
1. Removed work account from iPhone and iPad...wow I can breathe now!
2. Immediate delete an email that asks a question which can be answered with a pop into the office or over the phone (and has no CYA need)
3. Rather than responding to 13 different emails from the person ... condense ... that way when they respond to me I don't get 13 back :) just one.

Day 10 into the email diet and I am already feeling lighter and can see my inbox getting thinner daily :)

And I am so much happier when I come to work as I have no clue what has happened in Australia and Europe while I was sleeping (uninterrupted)

I dare you to try it...even if it is for a day. Disconnect from work for a night, weekend...you too feel the lightness I do.



Love and Light,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment