Sunday, January 15, 2012

What's SUP Y'all

Last week we decided to make a large purchase ... we got SUP boards (at wholesale, this girl does not buy retail :)). Some of you know, I have never been on a SUP board so this was a risky purchase but figured we could sell them on craigslist if all failed.

Saturday the sun trying to come out, a little cooler, but the water was mostly calm. I hopped on the board and we made our way out of China Cove and around the little island. I loved it. (For the record Derek fell, I stayed dry).

Today we decided to go out ... the morning started off sunny and then as we (Derek) carry the boards down to the water the clouds and wind roll in. At this point we are still going to go. 2 hours later, choppy seas, a few boats who dislike paddle boards speeding up to create a large wake .... we make it back into China Cove, both dry, white frozen feet. My arms feel like my legs normally do after a half marathon. WORTH IT.

These past two days on the water have been quiet and peaceful. The nature is fabulous. And the views better (I am a peeping Tom ... love to see how those on the water live :))

Can't wait for Saturday and to get my yoga on while on the board :)  (that is not me below in the photo as we have not taken out our camera yet so stay tuned!)

No comments:

Post a Comment