Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Monday

"Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time

Monday Monday, ..." ~The Mamas and The Papas


I love the weekend. I don't even mind Tuesday. Wednesday is hump-day I am halfway there. Thursdays is little Friday. And Friday well it's Friday...the start of a 2 day break and over-seeing an International business Fridays are lovely for me...no one calls. I get caught up. But...MONDAY, I strongly dislike. (For example, this morning my lactaid went bad on the sell by date! I left my phone and wedding rings in the house, upon running back in to get them I then left my coffee. Third time is a charm...by the time I got to the gym I was sweating and ready to call it a day)


Sunday evenings are perfect. I teach an amazing class. My husband and I make the most delicious dinner and hang out listening to music. 


I get into bed and immediately angst sets in. Butterflies start fluttering. I can't fall asleep and it gets worse as I tell myself the alarm will go off at 6 am for my legs workout with the trainer. I love my early Monday mornings...if it could stop there I'd be happy. I have coffee, head to the trainer, and I sing out loud as I drive to work.  


I'm still smiling as I get into my office pour some more coffee or tea and turn on the computer. Then Monday sets in...emails load up  (this is when it is bad to oversee International as they are 12 to 24 hrs ahead so by 9 am my inbox has 200 NEW emails). And every Monday morning there is a fire. How does something always go wrong Sunday/Sunday night? 


So here we are again Monday. I can't wait to teach Barre and go home to my hubby and cook dinner and say hello to Tuesday! I love Tuesday, I even like Tuesday when Monday is a national holiday. I just do not like Monday (even when it is a national holiday because it means you have to go to work the next day).


Sorry Monday...


Anyone out there love Monday? If so please shed some light on this gal with the Monday blues! 

No comments:

Post a Comment