Friday, January 27, 2012

Positivity, Vibrancy, Grace, and LoVE

This week has been a wonderful one. From work to friends to gym to yoga. However, it has not been without the thought of loss.

My dear friend who lost her father years ago told me that loss creeps up on you when you are least expecting it...I now realize it more like hits you like a freight train.

Between the anniversary of my Grandpa's passing, a friend losing her granddad, a friend losing her sister, and my sister losing an old friend it has been a week of constant reflection, remembrance, and change.

Tuesday was the anniversary of my Grandpa's passing. What wise man he was. His eyes always smiling almost laughing. He had the most wonderful stories and his love was abundant. I can't help but smiling and laughing when I think of him. He was a positive man to the end. This loss was prepared for. I was able to say goodbye
Remembering him on this anniversary, made me change my entire outlook of the week...positivity and laughter are a fabulous combination for the soul and those around you!

This remembrance opened a loss that was never prepared for.

A loss of a friend who changed my life as I know it. If it weren't for him who knows where I would be living and the woman I would have become. He was the fork in the road that defined my life after college, my adult life, the life I now know. Eleven years of friendship: college, 2 jobs in California, a little over a year as roommates. Not a day that goes by he is not missed. Yesterday his name was mentioned in conversation. I will not lie that my heart skipped a beat. But as I spoke about him and his life which was lived full of love, gentle loving kindness, and compassion. He gave love and he loved every aspect of his life. His life was cut short but what an abundant life it was.

As February approaches the month of love, I vow to spend all 29 days loving every aspect and living as those who are close to me have passed on full of positive and laughter (my Grandpa), full of LoVE (my dear friend), full of vibrancy (my Nana) and full of grace and forgiveness (my Grandma).

Love and Light,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment