Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Honeymoon Wishes

We decided to wait to go on our Honeymoon and looking back - I am so glad we did! I was a DIY Bride and my Groom :) was a great partner in crime. With all the DIY business, there is no way I could pack a bag for a 2 week holiday (ask him...I HATE packing!).


One early reference to a honeymoon is in Deuteronomy 24:5 “When a man is newly wed, he need not go out on a military expedition, nor shall any public duty be imposed on him. He shall be exempt for one year for the sake of his family, to bring joy to the wife he has married.”[1][2]
Originally "honeymoon" simply described the period just after the wedding when things are at their sweetest; it is assumed to wane in a month. The earliest term for this in English was hony moone, which was recorded as early as 1546

The criteria for selecting a honeymoon:
1) Had to be a place NEITHER of us had been. Tough as Derek did Semester at Sea and Contiki and I grew up overseas and travel globally for work. 
2) No secluded Island. Tough as I could retire at 31 on an Island and read in the sand until I was 91 and Derek doesn't agree with this philosophy as he gets stir crazy (which we found out at a resort in Puerto Vallarta, so at least I knew what I was getting myself into). 
3) A place you would be hesitant to travel with our children. See above- we have traveled Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada so our children better be born with the travel bug as they are going!
4) Had to be on your bucket list. One of those places you catch yourself saying...I must visit before I die.

 The Trip Itinerary
Argentina: Buenos Aires, San Carlos Bariloche, Iguazu Falls and Uruguay: Punta del Este. The first part of the trip in Argentina we will spend exploring and the second part in Punta del Este we will relax!

Los Dedos in Punta del Este

Iguazu Falls

San Carlos Bariloche

Buenos Aires 


We did find out yesterday that there is volcanic ash from Chile and the Airport in Bariloche is CLOSED so stay tuned as we might re-direct ourselves to Mendoza for 3 days of wine tasting!
Mendoza Mountain

No comments:

Post a Comment