Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 5

Yesterday I woke up to the ringing of my phone at 7am (normally I am on a spin bike, yoga mat, treadmill, or at the trainer at this time but I was feeling ill so I was still in bed). Derek looked at me and asked what idiot would call this early...as I run to the phone just as I am missing the call I see it is Megan...well she was either early to work or calling to tell me the 2012 Stagecoach line-up which included the sexy Mr Jason Aldean (for those of you who don't know who he is I can play you a video from my wedding of us all rapping and playing instruments). I start jumping up and down like a 2 year old on too much candy...he looks at me funny and just walks away...at those moments I wish I wish I was still in college living with sorority sisters.

I just got off the phone with the salon in Birmingham where I am going to get hair and makeup done for a friends wedding in November and they asked my last name...you would have thought they asked if I just lied about my weight as all you heard was ugh ugh ugh...so I went with Ianazzone. Luckily with a hyphen I can use either! But my married friends please tell me this will get easier!



So as I said yesterday ... the wedding blues. Now what? I worked so hard, dieted, forgot to eat the week before the wedding and now what ... I indulged the entire wedding weekend and enjoyed every last bite of rib, pasta in a cream sauce, sausage, steak, ice cream, cake, wine, shots, wine, beer, champagne. So now what happens? I was teasing Derek last night as I have been under the weather and just want plain toast with cheese and I haven't made dinner our first week of marriage has consisted of me gaining weight and him fending for himself for supper! Total opposite of me doing 2 a days at the gym plus teaching and then making healthy suppers each evening.


The Post Wedding Diet Begins: or going back to the way it was before the day I said "I Do"

I've been toying with ideas of a month long detox, a week long juice diet, etc. And because I enjoy food too much juicing for 3 days is not for me (if you are looking for a juice option, Ritual Cleanse is perfect for you!).
Where do I begin? Back where I was.

1. 128oz of water a day ~ you thought 64oz right? Wrong! If you work 64oz is nearly not enough! Keep a notepad by your desk, in your car, wherever and tally how many 8oz you have had...anywhere between 10 and 16 is good. This is the purest form of detox for your body.

2. Green tea and chamomile tea are replacing the booze that I over indulged in over the weekend! And the caffeine which was basically being filtered via an IV the week prior.

3. Half Marathon training begins...the race is Superbowl Sunday. No longer are the days I race for time. I stopped that a few years ago. Now I race because I love the camaraderie and the scenery and the runners high. This time I am starting out healed no hip or knee injuries!

4. Trail running Sundays with my husband. These are my favorite. We started this a month before the wedding. You can't take your ipod as you have to listen for the other runners and mountain bikers on the single track (and dare I say mountain lions or coyote?). It is the most calming run - you can't go fast you may trip and you have to listen to nature! It is the perfect Sunday morning!

5. Yoga. This is a no brainer for me. I love chaturanga. It is my favorite pose. It is full of strength and dedication to the pose not the transition. The twisting in yoga is your body's way of detox with the addition of heat - there is a natural glow...plus not to mention coupled with all that water I told you to drink...your skin will look flawless.

6. Weight training! Ladies many of you shy away from weights...DON'T. Those who lift weights have a faster metabolism and burn fat...while SLEEPING! Who doesn't want that. Plus as we get older we want to preserve our bones and weight lifting will aid to that.

7. Boxing. Awww my favorite way of getting out aggression. Punching the daylights out of someone (my trainer who my mom calls a dream boat :)) This is not just for tattooed muscle men or Laila Ali but sexy women can do this too! Your arms will be ripped but in a lean way. Try it...they have pink gloves to keep the girl in you.


8. Last piece of advice for the weekend...Grocery shop on Sunday. Pack your lunch not only will it save calories it will save pounds from creeping on. This is another one of the oldest pieces of advice in the book but as I sit at my desk and watch everyone complain about being poor but go out to lunch and spend 12 bucks a day on a greasy something or other ... I feel like I have to remind you.

TGIF!


Hope to see you in class this weekend: tonight at Irvine CPY RYD 530p 30min sprint class. Tomorrow YS at CPY AV 1030a 75mins! Sunday classes I have cancelled to attend a Pranic Breathing workshop...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment