Thursday, December 15, 2011

Where Have Those Muscles Been?

I have tried everything from spinning, running, training, TRX, yoga, Pilates, Barre, swimming, tennis, etc. Each exercise makes me sore about 8 times out of 10. Never have I felt what I have felt this week after a total of 12 hours of training and taking Barre classes.

Now begins my obsession with Ballet. I never did ballet growing up, it was too girly and frankly boys were not in class so I had no interest. I'd rather do sports that I could flirt with the boys and show off :)

This week I have trained with my trainer and done Barre class many many many times. Parts of my body hurt I never new existed. Each night I went home ready to crawl into bed...

Meraki Barre allows the teaches to infuse their creativity to each and every class. Although there is a format to class, the music and moves change...so does your body.


A few months ago I found my Pilates classes becoming mundane and I wanted to add spice to class. Let me tell you, there is nothing like a little spice when you see a grown athletic man pushing 200 holding a Magic Circle in his hands in first position releve! And grunting. That's when you know you've hit it...the hidden muscles. Wait until next day for your muscles to scream at you...and then pat yourself on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment