Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Campaign

I am off this week. Two weeks a year (one around 4th of July and one around Christmas) I get to live the house wife life. Although I am not working I am still working...just on the job that I love, teaching. I teach 13 classes this week which compared to full time teachers this is a light load (you 4 a day teachers, I admire...the most I had done to now was 3 in one day...that 4th class does a number on your voice box, body, and mind).

However, what I have learned is that I am not attached to email, a fire is not happening that needs to be put out immediately. I have been rewarded through the inspiration of the students in my class and my fellow teachers. I have been able to visit the grocery store mid day on a week day and have gotten to work out in daylight! Full time teaching I have learned is just as hard as being in an office (at times harder) but after 10 years chained to a desk and the clock this other side has been rewarding in so many ways.

I am on a campaign to be a full time teacher and stay at home wife. It started on Monday after 4 classes which in between 2 I had time to grocery shop and put supper on the stove. After the 4th all I had to add was the fish (Cioppino recipe to come this week). Tuesday I taught 2 classes and put a pork loin in the crock pot before the 2nd one (Rosemary stuffed garlic pork loin recipe to come). So today I decided to pull out the big guns and make the meal he had been asking for: Braided Spaghetti Bread. (I also made half pork/beef meatballs and broccoli). So ladies if your man is tired of eating gluten free, fat free, and like a rabbit then splurge on this (and be armed with a good workout the next morning).

Braided Spaghetti Bread
1. Spaghetti (brown rice preferred)
2. Pizza Dough (if you can use the wheat from Trader Joes try it otherwise use Pillsbury)
3. Sauce
4. Diced Mozzarella
5. Parmesan Cheese
6. Parsley
7. Egg White
8. Garlic Powder
9. Flour
*Preheat Oven to 350

  • Begin by cooking your spaghetti
  • Roll your dough out onto parchment paper (put down flour to keep it from being too sticky)
  • Let Spaghetti cool
  • Put cooked spaghetti onto the rolled out dough (in the center only)
  • Layer on sauce (can add sausage or use meat sauce)
  • Layer on diced mozzarella 
  • Cut slits along the side then "braid" it closed...right over left, left over right 

  • Wet top of bread with egg white and then sprinkle parmesan cheese, parsley, and garlic powder
  • Bake for 30 to 35 minutes 

  • Slice in 2 inch slices and SERVE 


Please add a green it will make you feel better :) 

I have to admit I had a slice and afterwards did not feel carbed-out! 

If you are in favor of me winning the campaign a little woo hoo response will be helpful! :) 

3 comments:

  1. how did i not know about this beautiful blog.....?!?!
    um can you cut this cooking crap out?!?!?
    hh does NOT need to see this!!!
    the only braiding around here is HAIR!!!
    knock it off barbour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!!!!!! I'm all for this gal.

    ReplyDelete