Thursday, December 29, 2011

What Motivates You?

Competitive and want to out do the person next to you? Jeans got too tight? Your best friend/husband is doing it? The old lady down the street just kicked your butt?

Whatever it is we are all motivated by something different and this could change daily. 

This morning I was teaching my normal Boot Camp at Pacific Club with the average age being 55, no I am not kidding. Now their husbands come to class. They inspire me. One lady is in her early 60's and works out 6 days a week (and has been for 20+years). She spins, she does Yoga, Barre, Boot Camp, Runs, and walks. And her dedicated most amazing husband is 90% of the time in tow. They do headstands and handstands in yoga (against the wall but heck sometimes a 20 something has the fear). Every time they grace me with their presence I am inspired. Class always ends with the well now I have to wash my hair. That is the work out I want..I have to wash my hair at the end and I want what they have...they push themselves. They never "cheat" through the move. So today I put down the whistle (that is my voice) and decided I would work out along side of them, (it was our last 8am class together before the class moves to 615a because the club feels it should be geared towards the younger and male population...you should have heard the complaints from these ladies to the manager, I just love them!).

Afterwards, with an inspired glow, I met my athletically born husband for a tennis match...and finally I showed him where those swings have been hiding :) Now my motivation came from the 2 college age girls next to us ... they were blonds so my husbands eyes were hanging out the socket...I played my best match yet against him since we've been dating in 3 years...the old high school player in me came back out.

It's always something different...I am a pitta, a perfectionist, and way to competitive...don't think about spinning faster next to me I will kill myself before I left you go faster! But as a pitta I am also motivated by the vatas and kaphas around me who know when to back it off and rest.

I wonder what it will be tomorrow?!

Happy New Year...hopefully you are not just motivated by the date 1st of January but find motivation to move all year long.

xoxo

PS - if you want to know what Dosha you are take the quiz here: http://www.whatsyourdosha.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment