Friday, December 9, 2011

Back to Reality

I am back. Still have not found the time to post about the trip but don't worry there will be a 14 day series about all of our travels! I will leave out the days that include airport transfers as they were not fun for us nor you :)

We landed on Friday and I had to come straight back into the office for a meeting. EEK. All I could think about was my warm cozy fluffy bed but somehow had to stay awake so I could kick jet lag (lost that battle).

So after work I went straight to spin, how hard could it be?, it was only a 30 minute class and I walked the entire time I was away. Ha ha ha. Joke was on me but I made it. Then went Saturday and Sunday. By Monday I was walking funny but I was BACK!


Who knew that one week back it feels like we never left, back to the routine. Work-out, work, teach, see friends, host party. And now 7 days later it is a gorgeous day and I get a text from my husband saying "rather be in Punta" as if I wasn't already day dreaming about summer!



I love vacation and I love travel but I need money to do both, hence work :). However, I do need to find time to sit back, relax, and take mini vacations. As much as I love my routine, I end up doing too much, forgetting it is ok to say NO (I was told yesterday that "no" is a complete sentence...it does not need an explanation...how perfect is that for the busy holiday season?).

So when you find yourself in your routine running around, wondering why you are tired, holding the to-do list in your hand, and dreaming about your next vacation.. take the time to laugh, put your feet up, and just be still! And maybe you'll get the courage say NO to the next function that threatens to deplete your last free minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment